The bi-partisan infrastructure bill that was passed in 2021 includes some important items to improve an aging power grid and update it to support the rapid growth of solar energy. Electricraft, Inc., the San Luis Obispo solar installation company, has summarized the solar-related investments.
- Grid Modernization, which will upgrade the resiliency needed to accommodate the energy flow from solar systems and help improve energy storage when the sun isn’t shining.
- Less Red-Tape, which will lower the cost and time required to develop new transmission lines. Cutting red tape is going to reduce the layers of approval necessary to upgrade and expand the transmission infrastructure and strengthen national security in the process.
- Proposes a 10-year extension of the investment tax credit (ITC) for solar installation.
- Investments in a number of R&D fields, including advanced energy technologies.
- In July 2022, The Biden-Harris Administration launched an initiative through the Department of Energy to connect families to reliable clean energy, lower electricity bills, support solar energy careers and make solar power more accessible.
Other good news for California includes the state legislature recently approving a two-year extension to the property tax exclusion for solar projects.
The September 2022 announcement from the Department of Transportation creating a 75,000-mile corridor of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations throughout the 50 states and Puerto Rico is another big step forward for green energy. Although not directly related to solar energy, a percentage of these charging stations will most likely be solar-powered, either directly or from the grid.
The San Luis Obispo solar installation team reminds the public that the bill was structured to deliver $550 billion in new federal investments to infrastructure projects over five years. Projects include improvements for highways and roads, bridges, rail, airports and public transportation, water systems, broadband and the power grid. Funds for the first year’s projects began being released early in 2022.
Moody’s Analytics projects that infrastructure spending will create up to 800,000 by mid-decade. Of course, not all of those jobs will be in the solar industry, but job growth is good for all industries and all communities. As California continues to lead the nation in solar energy installations, more job growth follows. Recently, the Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) announced that California has 75,712 solar jobs, representing 30% of the nation’s total solar jobs.
Electricraft, Inc. continues to be at the forefront of both solar and electrical projects by bringing highly skilled, trained, licensed and certified electricians and solar technicians to every job. The San Luis Obispo solar installation team consists of some of the most qualified and talented technicians and electricians on the Central Coast.
Displaying a passion for quality and hard work, the Electricraft professionals stay current with the progressive electrical and solar industry. There’s no project too big or too small for Electricraft, from repairing light fixtures in homes, to installing the latest solar technologies to large industrial electrical construction.
Electricraft, Inc. assures professional, on time, quality service at a fair price, completes the work right the first time. Electricraft is available on a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week emergency basis to provide immediate service and repair of any electrical component or system.