Facts on Solar Energy
Solar energy. If you think about it, solar energy is the original source of energy for life. That’s a pretty big deal! What do you know about solar energy? Brush up on your solar energy knowledge and impress your friends and neighbors the next time you get challenged in a board game.
- Solar energy is clean. No fossil fuels are used to produce heat or electricity with solar energy. The only pollution attributable to solar energy is the pollution created in the manufacture, transport, and install of solar panels.
- California currently has the largest solar power plant in the world spanning 1000 acres in the Mojave Desert.
- Solar energy can only generate electricity during daylight hours. Overnight, stored solar energy or an alternative energy source must be used.
- Solar energy is measured in kilowatt-hours. 1 kilowatt = 1000 watts
- One kilowatt-hour (kWh) of energy will burn a 100-watt light bulb for 10 hours.
- Within the Milky Way, we are especially lucky. The sun is one of the brightest and biggest stars in the galaxy, making it a great energy source.
- Since 1958, every space mission has been powering spaceships with solar energy.
- If harnessed, the solar energy received in one hour by the earth is more than the entire world’s population uses in a year.
- In the world of household appliances, electric ovens consume the most electricity when operated, followed by central air conditioners and microwave ovens.
- The fastest growing market for development and implementation of solar energy is in Third World Countries that have an abundance of sunlight and a large segment of the population that currently lives without electricity.
Now that you know the basics about solar, along with some fun facts to dazzle your friends and family, it’s time to get serious about discovering the benefits of solar energy for your home or business. Contact the professionals at Electricraft Inc. and find out how much you can save with a solar energy system.
Call the professional electrical contractors at Electricraft Inc. today!