When it comes to increasing the value of both residential and commercial property there are some upgrades that apply in both situations. Although there may be differences in the appliances, tools and equipment that is being powered, meaning that technical requirements for wires, cables, switches and other electrical components may need to meet different specifications, those upgrades still have the same end result: increased property value. The team from Electricraft, Inc., the San Luis Obispo electricians and solar installers have prepared a list of some of the leading upgrades.
Installing solar power is one of the leading improvements for increasing property values. The solar reviews website, SolarReviews.com reports “that home buyers gave a 4% premium to homes with solar energy systems installed than comparable homes without solar.”
Commercial properties providing solar power for tenants often find that tenants stay longer due to decreased utility bills lowering operating costs. New tenants are often willing to pay a little more for the lease because the reduced utility bills can still result in savings. Along with solar being better for the environment, businesses, industries and public facilities that have installed solar experience overall favorable ratings with their communities.
With or without solar, the electrician and solar installation team from San Luis Obispo reports the following easy upgrades also add value to properties:
- Energy efficient appliances and equipment are efficient and cost-effective. Energy efficient appliances that get heavy use like refrigerators and washers and dryers are easier on the budget and energy-savings impresses home buyers.
- Upgraded outlets, switches and associated wiring are improvements for safety as well as value. Wireless switches and ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) are two top improvements. GFCIs are required by code and it’s a good idea to upgrade to these just for safety reasons if your home doesn’t already have them. Wireless switches are a modern technology that lets you control lighting from a distance.
- Smart thermostats are another improvement that also save energy and allow remote control.
- Efficient interior and exterior lighting is a safety feature, especially motion detecting exterior lights. Correctly placed interior lighting provides good lighting for work and play areas, reducing eye strain and dark or shadowed spaces. LED lighting is also much less expensive to operate than traditional lighting.
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at home and work are becoming more and more in demand.
- An automatic stand-by generator is also a valuable addition.
Whether you are thinking about selling or not, these upgrades are going to increase your appreciation of your home and workplace. Electricraft, Inc. is the single-source to call for electricians to upgrade electrical features, or for solar installation in San Luis Obispo or anywhere on the Central Coast.
Solar installation is a process requiring skill and certifications in a number of areas including electrical engineering, electrical wiring, and the best electricians and experienced solar installation team. This where the experts from Electricraft bring the highest value to solar installation in San Luis Obispo County.
The combined skills make sure that any electrical improvement or solar installation you choose for home or business is going to be done correctly, on time and at a very fair price.