Good lighting is a top requirement for any business, although some types of lighting serve certain businesses better than others. The electrical wiring experts from San Luis Obispo’s Electricraft, Inc. say two considerations top the list regardless of the kind of business:
- Safety for employees, customers and site visitors is the top consideration. Insufficient lighting is setting the stage for accidents and injury. The United States Department of Labor OSHA division (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) has set standards for lighting for industrial sectors.
- Comfort is important for several reasons, including preventing eye fatigue, encouraging productivity, displaying merchandise at its best and providing an attractive environment for customers and employees.
Cost savings is also important for the bottom line. Businesses consume a lot of energy and the ability to save some on expenses without compromising safety is important. Energy-saving LED lighting has become a leader for both home and commercial lighting.
The United States Department of Energy reports that “LED is a highly energy-efficient lighting technology, and has the potential to fundamentally change the future of lighting in the United States.” The energy department projects that by 2035 energy savings from LED lighting could top 569 TWh annually, equaling the output “of more than 92 1000 MW power plants.”
The areas of focus recommended by the San Luis Obispo electrical wiring professionals for commercial lighting include:
- Imitating natural lighting as much as possible. Natural lighting encourages a sense of well-being and promotes productivity.
- Consider lighting that eliminates glare and shadows both for safety and for employee comfort.
- Track lighting is an excellent and versatile method for spotlighting merchandise so customers can browse in comfort.
- For an industrial workspace, consider lighting that can be directed to specific work areas along with good overhead lighting.
- Well-lit parking lots are important for several safety reasons.
- Well-lit entrances, exits, hallways, stairways, and elevators are also important.
Family-owned Electricraft, Inc. has been serving the electrical wiring needs of the Central Coast since 1984. Electrical wiring encompasses everything from the wiring for a lamp to plug into a wall outlet, to complex cabling and conduit systems for large commercial, industrial, and public infrastructure electrical needs. Whether the wiring is for a single home, an apartment complex, a hospital, or commercial complex with several buildings, or a municipal water treatment plant, Electricraft has completed a wide variety of San Luis Obispo electrical wiring projects from the inception stage through to completion.
No project is too small or too big. From residential repairs, to installing the latest solar systems and commercial and industrial electrical construction Electricraft has a dedication to cost-effective green projects and the experience and track record to deliver electrical systems to the customer’s satisfaction. Electricraft prides itself in “making it happen” – completing the work right the first time and acknowledges the urgent, short response time necessary to mobilize and complete projects in the current fast-paced construction atmosphere of today’s market. Electricraft is available on a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week emergency basis to provide immediate service and repair of any electrical component or system.