The answer is: as soon as your design plans are drawn up and before applying for the building permit.
The electrical contractor from San Luis Obispo’s Electricraft, Inc. is the person who:
- Reviews your initial blueprints and either design the wiring schematics or review and update them as needed.
- Makes sure the wiring, connections, and components meet the building codes and electrical standards before applying for a building permit.
- Coordinates and oversees the team of electricians who will be doing the actual wiring.
- Oversees the electrical permitting process.
- Works closely with the general contractor and construction team to schedule electrical work.
- Works with code enforcement during inspections to respond to answer questions and make sure any requested changes are done correctly and on time.
- Keeps you in the loop so you know what is going on.
The electrical contractor is the person, or an electrical company, that specializes in designing, installing, and maintaining electrical systems. There is usually one person who is the project lead and that person is the contact between you and the team of electricians who install new electrical systems, or rewire and remodel existing systems.
In short, the electrical contractor heads up the team that becomes an integral part of building your new home. Even though an architect who draws up the blueprints may include electrical wiring schematics, it’s still a good idea to get the electrical contractor involved as soon as possible. There are details about electricity, wiring, and building regulations that an architect might not know. Because electricity, wiring, components, and electrical appliances are the team’s areas of expertise, your project gets skilled, licensed attention to detail that is not available otherwise.
Working with an electrical contractor from San Luis Obispo’s Electricraft, Inc. means your project gets the highest level of attention and expertise from start to finish. Whether your project is a new home or commercial building, or a remodel, Electricraft takes care of all the critical details of any project, including:
- Remodels and upgrades.
- Installations, repairs, and maintenance.
- Code compliance.
- Well-equipped fleet of fully-stocked service trucks.
- Fault locating in walls, ceilings, and underground.
- Light fixture and paddle fan installations.
- Lighting upgrades, panel upgrades.
- Solar power installations.
- Overhead and underground meter main services.
- Spa, stove, air conditioning, large and small appliance power.
- Emergency standby generators.
- Circuit breakers, outlets, switches, smoke detectors, phones, and data lines.
- Underground distribution, relocation, and rebuilding of meter pedestals.
- Distribution transformers.
- Aluminum wiring repairs.
- Underground fault finding.
Call the San Luis Obispo electrical contractor today!
Serving the Central Coast since 1984, Electricraft, Inc. assures professional, on-time, quality service to our customers at a fair price. Electricraft prides itself in “making it happen;” completing the work right the first time, and acknowledging the urgency to complete projects accurately and on time.
Electricraft is available on a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week emergency basis to provide immediate service and repair of any electrical component or system.